Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Female Empowerment!

(5:22 mark to hear the meaning of "Marry the Night")

"That was the moment I realized there was no fire..and no rain that can get in my way" -Gaga
So after helping to make a nice homemade Thanksgiving dinner, I worked off my food coma flipping through channels on TV. I always look forward to the music Thanksgiving Specials. I missed the Beyonce, "I Am Yours" but caught the end of "A Very Gaga Thanksgiving," where she was explaining the meaning to her new single, "Marry The Night." It totally resonated with me especially at this time in my life, where I'm renewing my strength through giving my all to what I'm most passionate about...(Fashion,beauty,art,music) I've always focused my life around,family,friends,and finding the man of my dreams..ha!! But now... I'm giving balance to devoting energy to work, work, and more work while letting everything else just fall into place...and lucky for me..I've been blessed with a job I LOVE!! Thank you all for following me on this journey! It's still the beginning of a long road...but one filled with passion and hard work, sweat and tears..and most importantly one that gives such great fulfillment. It is worth every ounce of effort I have in my body to continue to build and strive for greatness!! You better believe NO road blocks are gonna stop me from pursuing my dreams because I'm here to conquer:) I've said this before, and will say it again...Make your mark friends..whether it's on a small or big scale.
("I Was Here" by Beyonce at Roseland)
"I always will believe in the strength we have as women. There's certain things that you just should not put up with and YOU have the choice to set the standards"
- Beyonce from "I Am Yours" Thanksgiving Special

No comments:

Post a Comment