Thursday, December 22, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having FUN!!!

(Joie Top/ AA Tube Skirt/ Theory Leather Jacket/ Target Knee Highs/ Various rings(Amazon.com, Independent Vendors, F21)

There's nothing more rewarding than a nice intimate happy hour with great friends enjoying good conversation, much needed laughs, and of course tasty food. This was my first time having happy hour at Charlie Palmer. We had kobe beef style sliders,(totally can taste the truffle mayo-YUM) blue cheese stuffed dates, beer braised mussels with red curry, 2 orders of roasted bone marrow with raisin marmalade, (popped my cherry with this one, but always enjoy trying new food..and hhmm...bone marrow??Quite interesting...so much so that my inquiring mind looked up articles on its nutrition value) herb french fries, (sorry no photo..was busy nom noming) and last but not least my thirst quenching cocktail. (started off with a Blood Orange Mojito with an extra shot of Bacardi PLEASE:) My lovely company all have sweet tooth's so we tried the trio of creme brulee.(I only enjoyed the vanilla) After rounds of drink:) we decided to give into our belly wants again, and indulged on another order of mussels and chicken wings. (Requesting bigger portions PLEASE! heehee) We ended up staying until closing (Gotta love how time flies when you are in great company) and racked up a $320(without tip yet) bill among a party of 4...but hey, it's always nice to treat yourself to a swanky meal.

Didn't get a good photo of my outfit, but I was just too busy having a great time. Can't end this post without noting 2 of the best girlfriends I am very thankful to have in my life. (Photo above) My beautiful lovely red headed friend sitting to my left made a quick visit to catch up with us. These 2 ladies have been my backbone through some tough times, and are stuck with me until I'm old, grey, & shriveled up. My bond with both is something very special I hold near and dear to my heart! THANK you ladies for the unconditional love and to the many more decades of an ever growing friendship!! <3


4 comments:

  1. The foods look yummy! We love it!:)


    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS ladies!!! Please stay tuned for the online store coming soon and add me to your blog roll. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing and interesting blog!

    Please follow my blog if you like it!
    http://ecaterinaradovna.blogspot.com/

    or my Facebook page-http://www.facebook.com/pages/En-Vogue-Blog/139204392824631

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this post. Enjoy mine.

    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete