Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hair Therapy


So...I'm that girl you'll find at the hair salon asking the hairdresser a ton of questions, because I want to be able to achieve that same shiny,bouncy,& voluminous hair you get leaving that place at home. But, I always find hairdressers reluctant to reveal all their secrets..and I get it...it makes you come back & that means more business for them. Luckily, I have a friend who is currently studying cosmetology at Paul Mitchell School and has always been into hair care. She was sweet enough to do a house call coloring job for my cousin and I..and thankfully she gave me the scoop of her fave products. Since this is the time of giving..I thought...Why not share the wealth :)

1. Joico - Her favorite shampoo is the K-Pac Reconstructor. I normally use sulfate free shampoos..this is NOT, but I am still a fan. Bought the professional size because it was on sale at Cosmo Prof.
2. S Factor- Her second favorite shampoo and conditioner. I recommend alternating products, because over time..like all products..the hair gets use to it & becomes less effective. This is also NOT sulfate free, but did not weigh my hair down and made it look fuller. I have not yet tried the S Factor Serious Conditioner but its a hair glaze that hydrates and adds shine. It's an intensive hair remedy that should be used weekly and she swears by it.
3.Paul Mitchell- Never really used Paul Mitchell products but these are def winners in my book. For all my friends out there who want that beautiful shiny hair after it's been processed time and time again...well this is the solution to all your problems -PM Shine mixed with PM Shine Processing Liquid-I just dyed my hair red and threw the PM Shine in Ruby Slippers(Comes in multiple shades) and wow!!! It def made my hair more vibrant! A must have for me now!! Super Strong Liquid Treatment- Another must have!! Spray on after shower and it helps to detangle. Super Strong Treatment-I have not yet used this product, but it should be used once a week. It's filled with protein to help restore damaged hair. Ink Works- I have not yet used this product either, but my friend who recommended it adds it to her red hair, and it acts as an instant hair dye boost. It is made of pure vegetable protein and deposits the color back into hair. Can't wait to throw it in my hair once my color starts to fade. Gotta love that natural boost!

2 comments: