Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pay It Forward


I was browsing the internet about a month ago on local areas that had volunteer opportunities and found the Someone Cares Soup Kitchen. They stood out to me because this Soup Kitchen serves meals 7 days a week, so I knew this was definitely a legit place and something I wanted to be a part of.

I woke up yesterday just feeling like my day needed to be served with more purpose..it was NO longer about what gift I was purchasing for a loved one...NO longer about researching on clothes for my upcoming online store..NO longer about finding an outfit for a client..BUT rather to do something more fulfilling..and that is lending a hand to the people who need it most.

I've recently been reflecting a lot on my past travels, where I visited orphanages in third world countries and spent time building relationships with young girls living in extreme poverty. Then it dawned on me...I didn't need to be in a third world country to extend a helping hand, because there are many people who need assistance in our very own community. Volunteering to feed the less fortunate helps to feed my soul and gives me balance in knowing that there is more more to life than a materialistic world. There is just something so fulfilling and rewarding lending a hand..even to just one individual..for one day..you may need theirs.

I felt so great leaving there knowing I did a good deed..and to top it off..came home to a phone call from my mom..telling me that one of the girls I grew really close with from Vietnam actually called to check on how I was and to wish me a Happy Holiday! So amazing how the universe sometimes just makes even one day come full circle where you feel that much more whole. THANK you world for allowing me to give back and please continue to let me be a useful vessel to pay it forward:) Blessings to ALL!! XO!

2 comments:

  1. wow it must feel so good helping out those in need :)

    i love your blog! i am following it :) i hope you can follow my blog, too! we're having a tory burch giveaway-hope you can enter!

    xox,
    s
    TORY BURCH GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww...thank you sweetheart!!! Please stay tuned for the online store and add me to your blog roll. and yes lending a helping hand is always fulfilling in itself. Happy Holidays!
    xo,
    Trace

    ReplyDelete