Tuesday, January 10, 2012

P.M. Regimen

Time to share some more beauty secrets. I shared in previous posts how I am starting to be obsessed with changing my face products to focus on hydration and anti-wrinkle wonder creams. If in your teens to early 20s, you basically should just keep a regular habit of cleansing the face with no real focus on problem areas(Unless you have acne, which oh boy...I had my fair share of them red dots..but don't worry I have a product that helps with those bad boys) From late 20s to early 30s, your face cleansing regimen should change to creams that prevent wrinkles to minimize appearance of lines. By the way, can you all guess my age?? (Curious what you all think? Which hopefully this question doesn't bite me in my ass)

Products are most effective after showering..probably due to the steam opening up pores, so I typically shower again at night or at least rinse off while I wash my face. I spray Dermalogica multi-active toner to bring the ph levels back to where it's supposed to be. I just started to use StriVectin for anti-wrinkle purposes. I heard great things about this product from my mother's friends, who all have great skin. My mom decided to purchase it from Costco since they were having a promotion..Normally $144.99 but after the discount it was about $100.00 for two bottles with an additional eye cream. And of course my product obsession caused me to steal the extra bottle from my momma dearest:) I dab Clinique Moisture surge just around the eyes to give extra hydration to any lines. And lastly, I use Retin-A Micro, which must be prescribed by a doctor. I've been using this for what feels like all my life to help zap acne and also helps to prevent wrinkles. As you get older, the skin loses its elasticity and collagen. It takes a longer time to exfoliate to produce new skin so Retin-A helps to increase skin cell turnover. AND PLEASE DON"T FORGET:SUNBLOCK, SUNBLOCK, SUNBLOCK in the A.M.!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Let me know how you like these product. I've been worried about wrinkles too :( Right now I'm just using Aveeno products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I like it.. I'll let you know if I notice a real difference in another 2 weeks.xo!

      Delete