Friday, September 16, 2011

Frank Ocean-Thinking About You

Frank Ocean - Thinking About You (music video) from High5Collective on Vimeo.




Yes, of course
I remember, how could I forget?
How you feel?
And though you were my first time
A new feel
It won't ever get old, not in my soul
Not in my spirit, keep it alive
We'll go down this road
'Til it turns from color to black and white

Or do you not think so far ahead?
'Cause I been thinkin' 'bout forever

Seen a lot of postings of this track on FB and I am absolutely in love with it. Was told to watch out for this talented man months ago when he released his mixtape in March and wow!!! Now on heavy rotation!! I must say I am impressed. Frank Ocean has the ability to paint a picture with his lyrical content. It's pure poetry. You can literally see everything that's happening and feel the emotions running through you, and I haven't got that from music in a long time. The ability to FEEL is such a beautiful thing..because many people just don't allow themselves to open up and show what is really underneath all that jazz. So my point is my friends..Looking good and fancy is great..but remember that what lies underneath it all matters the MOST!! You ever been with that hot dude or chick at first glance, but as time went on realized there was no substance? And you're thinking "How did that happen?" lol! Or dated someone where you knew how you felt for him/her BUT never knew what they were feeling because they had a hard time giving any reassurance, so... when it ended, you're left with all these unanswered questions just because they lacked the ability to really FEEL and EXPRESS any emotions. I'm sure we've all been there. and well..Mister Frank Ocean knows all about it. My advice for the day..key word=SELFLESSNESS! Try to understand what the other person is feeling. Give someone a hug today and SHOW how much you love them. Everyone wants to feel validated and special!! SPREAD LOVE!! And don't forget to LOVE YOURSELF FIRST!!

No comments:

Post a Comment