Tuesday, April 24, 2012

One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure

Made my way out to LA this weekend for a very dear friend's birthday. Ras Kass met me out there for a catch up sesh since my travels back from Europe.
Me,Ras,Leonard (Birthday boy)

DP Sounds

Rasyyyy

(Issa Dress-Purchased at Happy Kilo in Milan / Purse-Independent vendor from flea market in Marseille)

Funny story about this Issa dress I found at Happy Kilo in Milan. There were a few ladies who glanced at the dress but passed it up. I knew I wanted this dress when I first laid eyes on it. I grabbed it and automatically threw it on and started playing with the different looks. I've mentioned in other post how I have the ability to envision how a piece will lay on the body so although it may look oversized (UK14 US 10) on the hanger, I foresee a a masterpiece that can be versatile with the help of my creative touch. My apologies if you can't see from the photos, but it has additional fabric on the neck that can be wrapped around the waist for a classier look or be used as my favorite way..a hoodie. It can be worn completely open and backless. From a distance, I could see the group of ladies just starring at me as I was playing with the looks and tucking up the length. And two of the ladies actually made there way to pay me such sweet compliments and said they were so upset they didn't end up taking it....but what can I say..One mans trash is another man's treasure:) The sales assistant actually told me it came straight off the fashion runway. Love it!! Can't wait to rock it another way!(I'll take better photos next time)

No comments:

Post a Comment